Technology Transformation by SKC Changes the World.
Number of employees
- - Ranked as the world’s No.1 company in technology for the production of copper foil for batteries
- - Localization on high-end blank mask for semiconductors
- - The first Korean business to develop PET film
- - The world’s first business to commercialize an environmentally-friendly HPPO process
tons of copper foil
tons of PET
tons of PO
tons of PG
SKC’s technologies enhance the value of life with new changes.
- SKC Solmics selected as Korea’s best enterprise in job creation and job quality improvement for second consecutive year SKC Solmics selected as Korea’s best enterprise in job creation and job quality improvement for second consecutive year MOEL and the Presidential Committee on Jobs announce the “Top 100 Exemplary Businesses” annually.SKC Solmics earns a high score for creating jobs for young people and improving job quality for the second year in a row. SKC Solmics, a subsidiary of SKC specializing in semiconductor materials, has been selected as Korea’s best business of the year in recognition of its efforts to create new jobs by the Ministry of Employment and Labor (MOEL) and the Presidential Committee on Jobs. The company has won the honor for two straight years (2019 and 2020) for its exemplary role in creating jobs for young people and improving job quality. On July 29, SKC Solmics received the Presidential Certification Plaque from Prime Minister Jeong, Se-gyun at a ceremony held at the Sejong Convention Center, Sejong-si co-hosted by the MOEL and the Presidential Committee on Jobs. The award is presented every year to businesses that set a good example in creating jobs or improving job quality. The MOEL selected 100 businesses by examining candidates based on materials related to employment insurance and recommendations made by local labor offices and ordinary people, checking whether they complied with the laws and regulations, conducting onsite surveys, listening to the opinions of labor organizations, and having the candidates screened by a committee. SKC Solmics received a high score in terms in recognition of its efforts to create jobs for young people and improve job quality. In 2019, 88% of the company’s new recruits were young people. The company took part in local job events in a bid to contribute to invigorating the hiring of locals and adopted an online system of open recruitment. It also improved the holiday system for employees and provided support for employees’ club activities. Furthermore, it expanded employee welfare benefits including the payment of medical expenses and tuition fees for employees’ children. Commenting on the news, SKC Solmics President Oh, Jun-rok said, “We are happy to have been awarded this honor for two years on end. We will continue to work hard to make the company a pleasant workplace where all our employees are happy.” [SKC Solmics President Oh, Jun-rok poses with Prime Minister Jeong, Se-gyun after receiving the Presidential Certification Plaque at a ceremony held at the Sejong Convention Center, Sejong-si on July 29.] 2020.07.29